Compare Critical Illness Cover and life insurance online
Compare Critical Illness Life Insurance from 10 of the top UK life insurers
Cover against illnesses that could have a severe impact on your lifestyle
You will receive a lump sum payout when you meet the terms of the policy
We reward you the longer you keep your policy - start your search to find out how much you can get
- 1 6.5% of our customers achieve £100.00 or above cash back (October 2013 - July 2014). You must complete a full online application. T&Cs apply. Policy must be kept for 24 months. 5% of total commission we receive from the insurer will be paid to you after 12 and again after 24 months as long as you return the provided claim form on time.
What is Critical Illness Cover?
Critical Illness Insurance protects you if you were ever to suffer from one of the many illnesses covered in your policy. Many people take out critical illness cover in conjunction with their life insurance policy, but you can also purchase it as a standalone product.
- CIC will pay out if you are diagnosed with one of the conditions covered by your policy.
- CIC pays out a lump sum to provide help when if you unable to work due to illness.
- It could also be used to fund treatment or renovations at home.
Why choose Protected?
With our service you will benefit from money saving offers such as cashback, our price guarantee and more.
- Up to 50 critical illness conditions covered depending on the insurer you choose
- Compare 10 of the top life and critical illness cover providers
- Up to £100 cashback when you apply online 1
- 100% free service provided by us
- With years of experience we have arranged over £1.8 Billion of life insurance for our customers
Latest customer comments
I think that are: Excellent
This applies to both Legal & general and Protected. Very helpful, covered everything you need to no answered every question in full no beating around the bush. It was all so quick, easy and straight forward. They called me, asked a few easy questions, gave me a quote, took some details, sent some simple paper work and that's it all done, direct debit comes out each month and i don't have to think or worry about anything, just the way i like it!!!
I think that are: Excellent
Pru are amazing, they offer serious illness cover which is like critical illness cover but MUCH BETTER! i was of work for a while but between my wife working and the payout from pru we made it through okay and we're okay now thanks to pru. :) They really came through when I needed them, I would recomend them to anyone!
The images associated with customer comments are not representative of actual customers.
Get the right cover amount
Our highly trained life insurance and critical illness cover experts are ready to answer any questions you may have.
Talk to us on the phone so you can decide on the best policy for you.
If you're confused about life insurance, critical illness or serious illness cover and need a little more help, read through our online guides so that you can make the best decision for you and your family.
You can also complete your application online to receive cashback on your policy. One of our experts will go over the details with you to make sure you're happy.
Why choose Protected
All the policies we offer come with the following features as standard, so you can be sure you are getting the maximum amount of cover possible for your monthly premium.
- Guaranteed premiums - once your policy has started your price will never change providing you maintain your monthly premiums.
- Free terminal illness cover - your policy will pay out early if you are given 12 or less months to live.4
- Free to write into Trust - choose who your money goes to and help reduce the possibility of inheritance tax.
- Guaranteed insurability option - change your cover without the need for further medical questions if you get married, move house or have a baby. Age restrictions may apply.
- Personal account manager - once your application is complete you will be assigned your very own account manager who will be there to help with any questions you may have.