About life insurance
- What is life insurance?
- Why do I need life insurance?
- What is level term life insurance?
- What is decreasing term life insurance?
- What is terminal illness cover?
- What is critical illness cover?
- What is serious illness cover?
- What are guaranteed premiums?
Choosing your life insurance
- How much life insurance do I need?
- How long should I take life insurance for?
- Which life insurance provider should I choose?
- What are the next steps?
Life insurance extras
- What does putting a policy in trust mean?
- I have life insurance through my employer - is that enough?
- Can life cover be increased at a later date?
What is Terminal Illness Cover?
Terminal illness cover will pay-out if you are given 12 months or less to live during the term of your policy. Terminal illness cover is included for free with all the life and critical illness insurance policies that we offer.
How long terminal illness cover lasts
Some insurers will provide this cover right up until the last day of your policy; however, most insurers will not pay-out for terminal illness cover in the last 12 to 18 months of the policy.
Although it can be a lot more expensive than a life insurance policy, critical illness cover will pay out if you are diagnosed with an illness that isn't terminal or that gives you 12 months or less to live.
If you would like to find out more about the different types of cover you can speak to one of our life insurance experts on 0800 524 4153.
Still not sure?
You can ask one of our life insurance experts a question directly - we'll try to answer it as quickly as we can, and if it's a really good one, we may even feature it on our website!
Got another question? Ask a life insurance expert!
If you can't find what you're looking for on our site you can ask us a question here or talk to us over the phone by calling 0800 524 4153 and we'll be happy to answer all your questions on life insurance.