About life insurance
- What is life insurance?
- Why do I need life insurance?
- What is level term life insurance?
- What is decreasing term life insurance?
- What is terminal illness cover?
- What is critical illness cover?
- What is serious illness cover?
- What are guaranteed premiums?
Choosing your life insurance
- How much life insurance do I need?
- How long should I take life insurance for?
- Which life insurance provider should I choose?
- What are the next steps?
Life insurance extras
- What does putting a policy in trust mean?
- I have life insurance through my employer - is that enough?
- Can life cover be increased at a later date?
Is there anything that might stop the policy paying out?
All the insurers that we use have really high pay-out rates and pride themselves on ensuring that their customers are treated fairly and their policy definitions are adhered to.
Starting your policy
As a customer when you are taking out a policy, all the insurers ask is that you disclose any information that you think may affect a pay-out. At Protected our online application process and our administration team both ensure that all of the questions are answered correctly and do everything they can to help you.
Life Insurance is a very simple policy; there are a couple of exclusions, such as alcohol or drug abuse. Terminal Illness is also included free of charge with the policy, some insurers however, won't pay out in the last 12 or 18 months of the policy.
Critical Illness Cover does have more policy definitions than life insurance so it is worth checking the different criteria on each policy to ensure you are getting the right level of cover.
Speak to one of our Life Insurance Experts to find out more about the life policies available to you.
Still not sure?
You can ask one of our life insurance experts a question directly - we'll try to answer it as quickly as we can, and if it's a really good one, we may even feature it on our website!
Got another question? Ask a life insurance expert!
If you can't find what you're looking for on our site you can ask us a question here or talk to us over the phone by calling 0800 524 4153 and we'll be happy to answer all your questions on life insurance.