About life insurance
- What is life insurance?
- Why do I need life insurance?
- What is level term life insurance?
- What is decreasing term life insurance?
- What is terminal illness cover?
- What is critical illness cover?
- What is serious illness cover?
- What are guaranteed premiums?
Choosing your life insurance
- How much life insurance do I need?
- How long should I take life insurance for?
- Which life insurance provider should I choose?
- What are the next steps?
Life insurance extras
- What does putting a policy in trust mean?
- I have life insurance through my employer - is that enough?
- Can life cover be increased at a later date?
Can life cover be increased at a later date?
Life insurance can have a Guaranteed Insurability Option (subject to the terms and conditions of your application) which will allow you to change the cover amount without the need for further medical underwriting.
How can I increase my cover?
You will only be able to increase your sum assured if you get married, have a baby, move house or if your salary increases.
The amount the policy can normally be increased by is 30% or £50,000 - whichever is smaller.
Please be aware that your premium will also increase.
Still not sure?
You can ask one of our life insurance experts a question directly - we'll try to answer it as quickly as we can, and if it's a really good one, we may even feature it on our website!
Got another question? Ask a life insurance expert!
If you can't find what you're looking for on our site you can ask us a question here or talk to us over the phone by calling 0800 524 4153 and we'll be happy to answer all your questions on life insurance.