A joint policy insures two lives and will pay out when the first person dies in the policy term.
- 116% of our customers achieve £100.00 or above cash back (Dec 2012). You must complete a full online application. T&Cs apply. Policy must be kept for 24 months. 5% of total commission we receive from the insurer will be paid to you after 12 and again after 24 months as long as you return the provided claim forms on time.
- 2If we are unable to match the price within 30 days of your policy starting we will give you up to £50 M&S vouchers. We guarantee to be cheaper than going direct to the insurers websites. Not all insurers show prices on their website. 10% of customers receive a 10% or above saving (Dec 2012).
Learn about life insurance
If you're confused about life insurance, we've written some quick guides to help you out
- What is life insurance?
- What is level term life insurance?
- What is Decreasing Term life insurance?
- What is Terminal Illness Cover?
- What is Critical Illness Cover?
- How much life insurance do I need?
- How long should I take life insurance for?
- Which life insurance provider should I choose?
- What does putting a policy in trust mean?
- I have life insurance through my employer, is that enough?
What is life insurance?
Life insurance is the most simple, popular and cost effective way of protecting your family or mortgage in the event of your death. If you were to die during the term of your policy then you would have the peace of mind that your family will be left with a lump sum of money for financial protection.
The types of life insurance available
There are different types of life insurance to choose from depending on what you need to cover.
Duration of life cover
Life insurance can be bought for a fixed term between 5 to 40 years and can run right up until your 90th birthday. If you need a longer policy, give us a call on 0800 524 4153 and we can run through the options available to you.
Covering your partner
Life insurance is available either as a single or a joint policy. If you were to take a joint policy for you and your partner, normally the insurer would pay out when the first person dies. Once the insurer has paid out the policy will finish, leaving the surviving partner uninsured.
The alternative is to take out two individual policies; this means you will both covered separately and the insurer will pay out for deaths. Running two policies can be more expensive but most insurers will give you extra discounts to help, give us a call to find out more about single or joint policies.
Life insurance prices
The cost of a life insurance policy is calculated based on your age, gender and if you are a smoker. Other factors that will affect your premium is how much you would like to be covered for, the type of policy (level or decreasing) that you are applying for and the length of time you wish to be insured for.
If you are unsure about the amount of cover or the length of time to take it over then you can use our Life insurance Calculator which will help you to work out the amount of cover that you need.
Specialist life insurance cover from some of the UK's biggest brands
Protect your family with a fixed level of cover that pays out on the death of the policyholder.
Level or decreasing cover where the premium will stay exactly the same for the term of the policy.
Life Insurance News
16th May, 2013
This week is the 10th anniversary of Cancer Prevention Week and its organisers the World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) are celebrating with fruit-fuelled mayhem designed to get everyone eating healthier and exercising more.
Itís supported by diet and fitness guru, Rosemary Conley CBE, who says the risk factor of cancer associated with being overweight is second only to smok... Read more »
14th May, 2013
The Tomb Raider star has undergone a double mastectomy to reduce her chances of developing breast cancer.
At only 37-years-old, the mother-of-six was ... Read more »